Leland on Specifications:
The Patagonia Men's Shelled Insulator Pants are the lower-extremities heir to that original Patagonia classic: the much-acclaimed Shelled Synchilla Jacket, whose versatile nylon-faced fleece set the stage for the 'softshell revolution' more than a decade ahead of time. In the Men's Shelled Insulator Pants, you've got 70-denier Supplex nylon shell material (with a DWR finish for good measure) backed by toasty R1 fleece, 62% of which is recycled. Two front pockets and a zip-close back pocket make the Patagonia Shelled Insulator Pants optimal on their own or under waders, in the thick of things. A drawcord waist keeps a low profile under your wading belt, and a velcro flap at the cuff keeps your insulation from riding up when dropping into your GoreTex. An extremely solid garment all around.
- Face-fabric: 70-denier 3-ply Supplex nylon outer with DWR for wind- and water-resistance and durability
- Lining: Patagonia's R1 low-bulk, highly-compressible polyester fleece, 62% recycled
- Shell and lining are sewn at key points to prevent bunching or sagging
- Velcro flap and gusseted cuff keep lower leg locked in place
- Elasticized waist with drawcord
- Three pockets: two front, one back with zip