Scott Howell: Ska-Opper, 2
In Stock Ready to Fish.
Usually Ships 3 - 10 Business Days.
Leland on Scott Howell's Ska-Opper
Steelhead aren't bass. This everyone knows. But believe it or not, they'll hit a popping bug, and HARD, if you fish it right.
A few anglers, beginning with Scott himself, are beginning to fish the
Ska-Opper on steelhead streams from California to BC. On Scott's
homewater, the North Umpqua of southern Oregon, this fly is hands-down
the best way to find fish from June to September. By drawing
aggressive fish from their lies in almost any water type, the Ska-Opper
provides what has to be the most exciting way to fish for steelhead. No mere trout rise, steelhead explode on the Ska-Opper!
- Steelhead Guru Scott Howell ties this fly for chugging on a tight swung line in the summer months
- With a foam back, a deer hair body, and a gurgler-style lip, this fly is incredibly buoyant and throws a spout of water when chugged
- Hot, aggressive steelhead will explode on it, leaving you speechless
- Quick, sharp raises of the rod tip best chug this fly across a run
- Fish with a clench knot, a loop knot, or a riffle hitch
- Feel the weight of the fish before you lift into it
- SIZES 2 and 4