- Lightweight, highly breathable and durable 3-layer recyclable nylon double ripstop fabric, with a waterproof/breathable H2No barrier and a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Integrated hood with single-pull adjustment
- Waterproof, corrosion resistant zip main and handwarmer pocket zippers
- Reverse StretchCoat cuff fabric; Y-Joint sleeves and anatomically curved elbows; all seams are sealed
- Large gusseted chest pockets are waterproof (set high for wading, with inside tippet pockets, large back pocket); new forceps stash inside left chest pocket
- Two Beastie D-rings on front, one on back; hidden rod holder; new double belt loop at lower back
- New drawcord at hem, fabric at hem is mesh to allow for drainage
- Long lasting and recyclable through Patagonia’s Common Threads Recycling Program
Leland on Patagonia:
One of the most admired and emulated firms in the outdoor marketplace, Patagonia is also one of the stalwarts in the fly fishing industry. From its humble beginnings as Yvon Chouinard's piton forging business to its ascendancy as one of the major houses in outdoor apparel and equipment, Patagonia has been marked by the same commitment to well-designed, well-made product, the same dedication to corporate social responsibility, and the same finger-on-the-pulse outdoor culture -- for almost forty years now.
Chouinard, still the company's head and something of an enlightened monarch, is well known as an alpinist and a surfer, but is also an avid fly fisherman. Atlantics, cutthroats, permit: he knows what he likes for fish as well as for gear, and he maintains a hand in the processes of product design to this day.
Patagonia is a founding partner of '1% for the Planet', a league of environmentally progressive businesses, and the firm demonstrates its engagement with environmental stewardship in other ways as well. To minimize the inevitable ecological costs of manufacturing, Patagonia uses recycled-content fabrics where possible and -- more to the point, perhaps -- makes products that will perform at a high level for years without the need for a replacement.