Steelhead Nymph Fishing Fly Rod:
Single digit temperatures and frosty fingers will make for a longer than usual rigging session. You tie on a big rubber legs and a dime sized glo bug under an indicator because you like to actually catch Steelhead. A big roll cast followed by a mend gets your indicator drifting down the bubble line. Just as you whisper to yourself “foam is home” your indicator dives toward the bottom. A strong hook set and the fight is on!
The Red Truck 10ft 7wt is your Steelhead nymph fishing solution, the one best answer for nymphing for Steelhead anywhere. From the clear waters of the Trinity River to the Klamath River the Red Truck Steelhead Nymph Fly Rod will make every cast and mend easier. Nymph fishing for Steelhead in California has a lot to do with perfect drifts the extra length and balanced line make mending significantly easier. Long and efficient drifts combined with a quick hook set are key in hooking steelhead while nymphing.
The Red Truck Diesel Steelhead Nymph Fly Rod: Our only single hand Steelhead rod, at 10 foot for a 7 weight, this rod is balanced to cast large indicator rigs effortlessly to their target. Sick and tired of the chuck and duck? We were! Be in control with the Red Truck Steelhead Nymph Fly Rod.
· A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks full wells grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing.
· Matte finished reducing rod glare, reflection from the sun hitting the rod blank caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish.
· Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
· Effortlessly cast heavy indicator rigs.
· The extra length makes roll casting and mending much easier.
· Powerful mid section and butt for ease of picking up heavy rigs.
· Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
The Recommended Reel: A perfect match for the Red Truck Steelhead Nymph Fly Rod is our Red Truck Diesel Fly Reel. Taking notes from the reels our grandfathers used this reel is durable, simple, and elegant.
· The click and pawl drag system provides perfect amount of tension to fight large fish.
· Machined from solid bar stock aluminum this reel will be appreciated for generations to come.
· Whether you are pulling off line or hooked up on a fish this reel screams fly fishing.
· Unlike most cork and sealed drags the drag system in this reel is not affected by cold temperatures.
The Recommended Line: This rod balances best with a weight forward 8wt. This line enhances the feel and performance of your outfit.
· No stretch design allows for efficient casting and hook sets.
· Made out of Polyurethane which is incredibly durable and can with stand exposure to sunscreen, gas and diesel. All other fly lines are made from PVC which horrible for the environment.
· Short taper that excels when fishing with indicators.
When you put this all together you have an outfit that is incredibly easy to fish, mend, and cast. This outfit comes fully rigged, ready to fish, and includes an extra tip. If you are sick of chucking and ducking get into control and experience a truly balanced outfit with the Red Truck Steelhead Nymph Outfit.
Where will your Red Truck take you?